My sister found the most amazing crib in the Target Sunday sale adds. I was so excited when she showed it to me. Eric and I had gone to Benton Sunday afternoon, so it was Sunday night before I saw my sister. If the crib was purchased, we would receive a FREE changing table!! The picture looked so cute!
As soon as she told me about it I called my friend Robin to see if she was up for a trip to Target. Eric told me it would be a good idea to go ahead and buy it, if it was something I liked. We were afraid they would run out of them quickly. Robin and I went to Target that night- oh; did you know that Target closes at 9:00pm on Sunday nights? I sure didn’t. We walked in with about 3 minutes to spare. We were practically running back to the baby section to get a look at the crib. We looked at the display model, and I LOVED it. So, guess what… they were ALL OUT! Ugh! I found a lady that worked at Target and asked if she could find out if the Target in Little Rock had the crib. I was fine with driving to Little Rock the next morning to get it. However, her exact response was “I have no way of knowing that!” she was kinda rude about it too! I know it was time for them to close for the night, but being that rude was not necessary. Here is a picture of my friend Robin and me. She is such a blessing to me. Maybe one day soon I'll write about all the adventures we have been through together. Ha! We always have fun.
I got home that night and told Eric all about it. I decided that since I was off work the next day for Labor Day, I would spend my Monday searching for that crib and changing table. I started at 8:01 the next morning calling every single Target store in the state of Arkansas. You think I’m kidding? Nope. I called every one. I bet you can guess my next sentence… Every single Target in the state of Arkansas was out of the crib and changing table. I couldn’t get a “rain check” because it was a sale item. I was beyond frustrated by this time.
I was worried about ordering something so big and important online and having it shipped. I was afraid it wouldn’t make it here in one piece or something crazy would happen. Eric convinced me that ordering it online was our best option. The price was great, and I really liked it. That Monday I ordered it online. The next Friday when we got home from work the crib was on our front porch!! Yay! The changing table had to be shipped separately so we were expecting it the following Monday. Monday came, and so did our changing table! I was so excited. Eric and I opened up the boxes to inspect everything. Not one piece was damaged or missing. Such an answer to prayer! We didn’t want to put everything together just yet because we wanted to wait until the room was painted so that we didn’t get paint on the furniture.
I went to work the next morning so happy about our furniture. Eric had to work late that day, so I beat him home. When I got home that night, guess what was on our porch… ANOTHER changing table!
What?! They sent us two changing tables. Weirdest thing ever. I tried to call them to see how to get it back to them, but couldn’t ever get a reasonable answer from anyone. So, to this day, we still have a second changing table in our living room, still in the box. I have decided to donate it to our church nursery. Target won’t take it back, we don’t need two changing tables, and I’m sure the church will get some good use out of it. Plus, baby Jackson will be in the nursery most Sunday’s anyway! Ha!
I guess I learned a lesson from our crib drama. If you want something out of the Sunday Target add, you better RUN there to get it. We still got the deal by ordering it online, but I like to actually go and pick it up. That way I know it will get to my house safe and sound!
Modern CrockPot Slow Cooking
1 year ago





No comments:
Post a Comment