Sunday, October 3, 2010

18 weeks (it’s a Boy!)

After my kidney stone drama we had our official doctor’s appointment on August 3rd to find out the gender of baby Jackson. We already knew he was a boy going in to the appointment, but neither one of us had been able to actually SEE that he was a boy. We didn’t have any ultrasound pictures or anything. I wasn't even able to look at the screen when I had the ultrasound done of my kidney. This was also the time that they were going to check all of his measurements to make sure everything is on track. My mom came with us. She hadn’t been able to make it to any appointments yet, so I was really excited. Eric met us there as soon as he got off work.

During this appointment we were also meeting a new doctor. All of the doctors in the office that we go to are women. Well, now they have hired a brand new doctor who is male. I’ve never really been one that had a preference for a male or female doctor, so I was fine with either one. Dr. Ward measured baby Jackson’s head, heart, arms, legs, and abdomen to make sure they all measured what they should be for 18 weeks. He was actually a week ahead of schedule! Yay! Keep on growing little buddy!

Here are some pictures from the appointment and ultrasound.




I know this one is hard to see. The printer on the ultrasound machine ran out right when he printed this one. It's all wrinkled and everything! Sad thing. Anyway, his boy parts are that white dot right above the "T". Hope you can tell what it is. I was there, and still have a hard time knowing what I'm looking at!




He also got his Very First Outfit this week!!!
My mom has already started shopping. Our family is full of girls, so us having a boy is exciting for everyone. My mom bought baby Jackson a cute little outfit that says “Party in my crib”. It is precious!!!



I think this is the belly picture from 18 weeks. I should have labeled better. :(  

No comments:

Post a Comment