On August 31st, we had our next doctor’s appointment. Dr. Martin was finally back from maternity leave! She walked in the room and said “long time no see!” We enjoyed meeting all the other doctors in the office, but we really missed her! This appointment lasted all of about 5 minutes. All she did was measure my stomach, and find baby Jackson’s heart beat. Everything looked right on track! We did talk a little about the rest of my pregnancy. She told us that we would have one more appointment like this one (just a belly measurement and to listen to the heart beat) in four weeks, then I would need to start coming to the doctor every TWO weeks! Crazy. I feel like this pregnancy is starting to fly by! I wish I had more to report from this appointment, but like I said, it was all of about 5 minutes long!
Here is an update about baby Jackson. I get a weekly email from babycenter.com on his progress. It really is interesting to read about it!
This is 22 weeks:
At 11 inches and almost 1 pound, your baby is starting to look like a miniature newborn. His lips, eyelids, and eyebrows are becoming more distinct, and he's even developing tiny tooth buds beneath his gums. His eyes have formed, but his irises (the colored part of the eye) still lack pigment. If you could see inside your womb you'd be able to spot the fine hair (lanugo) that covers his body and the deep wrinkles on his skin, which he'll sport until he adds a padding of fat to fill them in. Inside his belly, his pancreas — essential for the production of some important hormones — is developing steadily.
We also painted the nursery this weekend. Eric’s dad and step-mom came from Benton to help Eric with the painting. His little sister also came with them! His sister, Tori, and I decided we would hang out while they painted. Tori and I went and got my sister and niece Kyndall. We all went to get a snow-cone! One of my favorite things about summer are the snow-cones!! Kyndall loves them too, so we all had a great time. When we got back from our little outing Eric, Tammy, and Jack had the room finished!!! Eric wanted to put another coat on the next day, but I was already excited. It seemed like they had only been painting for 10 minutes and they had made it look so great!! I wish I had taken a ‘before’ picture, I forgot... but I did remember to take an ‘after’! Better than nothing I guess.
I love it! We are going to paint a border in blue and I have ordered wall art to go above the crib. I’m so excited to have it painted! I'll post more pictures when we get more things finished.
Thank you to my wonderful in-laws for giving up their Friday night to come help us paint! I am so blessed!
Modern CrockPot Slow Cooking
1 year ago



No comments:
Post a Comment