Sunday, June 12, 2011

Mommy AND Wife

We have been super busy lately. I’d be lying if I said things had been going great around this house. Life has been hard. Blogging has just taken a back seat.

I have said once before that the one thing I do not like about blogs is the pressure I feel to always seem like my life is perfectly put together. I feel like I always have to be so cheerful with my posts. Well, I’m not always cheerful! I am a moody, tired, and a very stressed Mommy and Wife sometimes. So as a result, I just haven’t posted anything.

Eric and I have been having some issues. I’m sure every married couple goes through this sort of thing. It’s so hard. We will make it through this, I am sure. Every marriage has its ups and downs. It just hurts so bad going through one of the downs. I seriously need to work on many issues, and he has his challenges as well. We are working hard on our marriage. It is the most important “job” I have. I have to remember it takes work just as much as our other jobs. Our lives have changed so much over the last year. It’s hard to even think about.

I am happy to report that things have been much better lately. We have gone on some date nights- just us. My mom has been wonderful. She has offered to keep Collin while we go to dinner, or just shopping at Target. We are always instructed to stay gone longer than an hour. We have really tried to focus on communication. I have made a sign that is on our back door. “Love is a VERB”. Such an easy thing to say, but sometimes very difficult to show. We are working hard on this.

Memorial day weekend was nice. We worked around the house, inside and out. Spent time as a family. Eric even took me to Olive Garden in Little Rock Saturday night to have a very nice dinner. Just the two of us. It was wonderful. Sunday we had a cookout at my family’s house. It was nice to have a relaxing weekend without fighting or getting upset.

I am very thankful for family and close friends. It’s nice to be able to be REAL with them when things aren't wonderful. Friends that have sent me encouraging messages, and just letting me know they are thinking of us and praying for us. I received this message Friday. It made my day. “Hey Friend! Just wanted you to know I was thinking about you. I love you, and miss you!!!” Absolutely wonderful.

Things are better. We are working on getting back to “us”. We are still learning how to be a married couple, AND parents to a sweet baby boy.

I have put so much time and energy into being the best Mommy I can be, that I have been putting my Wife title on the back burner. I have to do better at balancing these two roles. Any hints or suggestions would be wonderful. How to keep a marriage strong, new, and feeling refreshed… and not feeling like I’m being a bad Mommy. Surely I’m not the only mom and wife who has ever felt like this.

Stay tuned... I have lots of catching up to do. Especially pictures of this cutie.

No comments:

Post a Comment