I admit, sometimes when I say "we have no food in our house" that should translate into "we don't have food that is my first choice". But this time when I say it- I mean it!
You see, today I got my first paycheck after being back from maternity leave. Its April 8th. The last time I got a paycheck?? DECEMBER. Geez that's a long time.
I feel like I should clarify that we by NO means went hungry or skipped meals. We just had to be smart about our grocery shopping. We had to get creative with meal time. Buy things that were on sale. Fix meals and eat leftovers. Then eat leftovers again. Eric isn't a leftover fan. Who can blame him?
So- what am I most excited about spending my first paycheck on?? Food at Kroger!! I am going to buy us GROCERIES! I can't wait to get things my family enjoys but doesn't necessarily need! Chocolate chip cookies anyone? Or canned fruit cocktail? Or how about those TGIFridays loaded baked potatoes? Yes, please. One trip to Kroger like this isn't going to break the bank! I really just don't want to have to add while putting things in the buggy. (Within reason)
Eric, I promise to not go overboard and buy the whole store. I am going to buy you a bag of beef jerky. It is one of your favorite things and you haven't had it in a while. You deserve it. You have worked so hard lately.
Yay for Kroger in the morning. I'm so excited. Feel free to make fun of me now.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8


No comments:
Post a Comment