Saturday, April 30, 2011

4 Months! (4/7/11)


Your stats:

*weight: 12 lbs 3 ounces
*length: 24 inches long
*head: 14 3/4 inch

 
Collin Blake,

You were actually 4 months old earlier this month, I wrote this a few weeks ago, but didn't post it. This has been a rough month for Mommy. I went back to work, started leaving you every day with a sitter, am away from you for 9+ hours a day, and have been battling some severe anxiety and depression.

We did take your 4 month pictures. You weren’t as cooperative this month as you have been in the past. It might have been because I took them after your doctor check up! Mommy made a mental note not to try to have a photo shoot after you get shots!

Your 4 month appointment was very eventful. If your Daddy hadn’t been there with me, I probably would have lost it. Your Daddy is such a great Daddy. He was there rubbing my back after you were given your shots. That hurts me probably just as much as it does you.

We were actually given some news during the appointment that upset Mommy. I’m sure is very common, but Mommy took it pretty hard.

- You favor your right side. So as a result, the right side of your head is “significantly flat”. So, we are propping you on your left side to try to fix the problem.

- You were supposed to be getting vitamin D drops. Mommy was not told this, so I didn’t know. You are now getting them put into a bottle every single day. We tried to put them directly into your mouth, but despite how wonderful they smell, they taste AWFUL! I don’t blame you for gagging!

- Your car seat was in the wrong spot in the car. Your daddy and LeLe worked so hard to get that car seat base into Mommy’s car. Then when we were taking you home from the hospital the nurse moved it to behind the drivers seat. The worst spot you could have been. So, we are now riding with you in the middle.

- Your “private area” had some problems as well, but I won’t display your business for everyone to read. I am happy to report this is much better now!

- Mommy was also upset because you haven’t met some of your milestones yet. I know it’s just because you were born early, but after getting all of the news above, I just couldn’t take much more. I had to answer “no” to a couple of milestones that most 4 month olds have already done.

Mommy is very hard on herself. She is working really hard on this. I just want to be the best mommy I can be for you. I try to be perfect, when perfect just doesn’t exist.

*You are still wearing size 1 diapers. You fit comfortably in 0-3 month clothes.

*You are still only eating breast milk. Mommy pumps at work. You take bottles during the day and I nurse you at night.

*You are smiling like crazy. You are such a happy baby. You are happiest right when you wake up. Mommy is not a morning person, but you have changed that! I can’t help but smile when you do.

*We are going to hold off on the rice cereal for a while.

*You coo, squeal, and laugh all the time now...especially when you are on your play mat or laying on mommy and daddy’s bed.

*You aren’t a huge fan of your paci. You like it sometimes, and other times you don’t.

*You LOVE your fist. Sometimes you try so hard to get both of them in your mouth at the same time.

*You go to bed every night between 8 and 8:30. You usually sleep until around 3:00. I feed you and you go right back to sleep until 6 when we get up for the day.

*You LOVE bath time. You actually cry when I take you out. Mommy used to put your bathtub on top of the counter in the bathroom, but you kick so much that water was going all over the mirror. So now we put your bathtub down inside the big bathtub.



**You are the sweetest baby boy ever. People still tell us all the time how cute you are. I love you Collin Blake. I couldn’t be more happy that you are in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment