Saturday, April 30, 2011

Easter 2011

Busy doesn’t even begin to describe how our Easter weekend was. Gosh. I love the holiday, but sometimes I wish it was easier.

We had plans to visit as much family as we could that was south of Conway. This would also be Collin’s first over night road trip. Wow. Stressful for Mommy! I started earlier in the week shopping for the perfect little outfit for little man. I found the cutest overalls at The Children’s Place. So, Collin was set. Eric and I both have nice clothes, but something about Easter Sunday that makes you want to wear a nice new outfit! So, for Eric, I went to a couple of places and took pictures of shirts I liked. Then Eric picked out the one he liked. Easy enough. Then it dawned on me that I didn’t have anything to wear. Why is it that when you have kids, suddenly what they are wearing is way more important than you!? I guess it only matters that they look cute!

I finally was able to go look for me something to wear one night after work. I found a cute purple dress. Exactly what I wanted! Yay!

We started Saturday. Eric left for Benton earlier that Collin and I did. He wanted to spend some quality time with his mom. I packed up everything we would need for a one night stay with my Mema. It was ridiculous. I think I could have filled a U-Haul. We were finally off a couple of hours later. We got to Eric’s dads and step moms house. It was so good to see them! I hadn’t got to see them in several weeks! After visiting for a little bit, Eric left his truck there, and we all drove down to Arkadelphia. My whole family was already there. We had a great night all together eating and visiting.

The next morning we were all getting ready to go to my Mema’s church when my dad realized he forgot his pants for church! So, my mom stayed back with him and the rest of us were off to church. Mema was so cute. She had my sister and Kyndall, Collin, Eric, and me. She introduced us to everyone she could.

After church we had a great lunch, and an Easter egg hunt! I made Collin’s Easter basket because I couldn’t find one that I liked. The Easter bunny was able to find him and Kyndall at Mema’s house.






On our way back to Conway we stopped once again at Eric’s dad’s house to get his truck. To our surprise, Eric’s Aunts and cousin were there too! Collin LOVED his Aunt Sandy.

It was a crazy busy weekend. We were on the go all weekend. It was nice to be around all of our family. Collin was worn out! I can’t wait for the day when we get to share the meaning of Easter with Collin. I pray every single day that Collin will be open and receptive to our precious Lord Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment