Most of the time, my plans don’t really go as planned. God is still teaching me. I am such a SLOW learner…
Thursday night, July 22nd, I went to bed just like any other night. It was anything but “just another night” though. I woke up at 2:00 in the morning with an awful pain in my right side. Unfortunately, I knew this pain all too well. It was a kidney stone. I knew without a doubt. I didn’t wake Eric up right away. I wasn’t sure the ER would be able to help me, like they have in the past. I knew I couldn’t have the hard-core pain medication I usually received when I had a kidney stone. They also couldn’t do an x-ray to see where the stone was. So, I laid there. Miserable. I was able to get a little more sleep before having to get up for work. Somehow I made it to work that next morning. I called my doctor as soon as they opened to get some advice. It was Friday, and the last thing I wanted was for something horrible to happen over the weekend and not be able to talk to the doctor’s office.
The nurse called me back and suggested I come in to see the doctor. I called Eric on the way and told him I was going. I told him not to worry and there wasn’t any reason for him to leave work. My mom met me at the doctor’s office. (I have the blessing of a mom who is a school teacher, so she was still on her summer break!) The doctor decided that she wanted me to go have an ultrasound to see if the stone was small enough for me to pass on my own. My doctor’s office closes early on Friday’s so I was sent to an imaging center across town for the ultrasound.
We waited for a little bit in the waiting room and were finally called back to the ultrasound room. I was in so much pain all I wanted was to get this over with. I laid down on my side so she could get a good look at my kidney. The nurse never found the kidney stone (which was a GREAT thing) this meant it was small enough to not show up, and I would be able to pass it on my own.
HOWEVER, we did find out something very important during this little extra visit to the doctor.
My next scheduled doctors appointment was to be the BIG ONE to find out if baby Jackson would be a boy or a girl. I had so many cute ideas about how we would tell our family. Eric and I had done such a great job with keeping our appointment date and time a secret from everyone. We wanted to share that special moment together first, then with our family. We didn’t get to do anything fun or memorable with our families when we found out we were pregnant, so we were ready to take this opportunity to have a little fun.
During this appointment to look at my kidney we found out that baby Jackson would be a baby BOY!!! Eric wasn’t with me, but we did call and put him on speaker phone so he found out too. My mom was sitting in the room when we found out, so she got to share in our excitement! As disappointed as I was that our plans had fallen through, I was so excited, and Eric was beyond happy about having a son.
We decided that we would still have some fun with his parents. We got to Benton and Eric’s dad, step-mom, and little sister were the first on the list. I had gone to Walmart before we left and got two cookie cakes. On both of them I had “It’s a Boy!” written. We walked in the back door and set the cookie on the table. They were SO EXCITED to see the cookie. I will never forget the looks on their faces! After spending a little while with them, it was off to Eric’s mom’s house. She was the only one home when we got there, so it was very special to share that time with her. Eric is so close with his mom I really think it made her feel very special. I am thankful to have such wonderful in-laws. I really have been blessed with a wonderful second family!
Modern CrockPot Slow Cooking
1 year ago


No comments:
Post a Comment