Saturday, September 11, 2010

First Doctor's Appointment

Our first doctor’s visit was May 25, 2010. I was very nervous, and still thinking this whole thing might be a joke. Eric and I waited in the waiting room for what felt like an hour! Finally my name was called, and back we went.


After we answered about 1,000,000 questions about our medical history, it was finally the moment we were waiting for. Ultrasound time!! I was still very nervous, but took comfort in the fact Eric was so calm. He really helped me so much that day- I don’t thank him enough. He is amazing.


Here are some ultrasound pictures from that day.

Gosh. My first thought "that looks like a gummy bear!" Baby Jackson's heart beat was 184 that day.



My due date was set for January 2, 2011. I was offically 8 weeks and 3 days pregnant. According to babycenter.com Baby Jackson, in this picture, is the size of a kidney bean. I can't even describe the feeling I felt while we were looking at our little baby. Such an emotional time. I needed someone to remind me to take a breath! Ha! Thank you Lord, for this wonderful blessing.

Oh- funny fact. When the nurse saw that our due date was so close to New Year's Day, she made the comment that if we were to have the first baby of the year, we would have our picture in the paper, and possibly be on the news. She thought this was a wonderful thing! I on the other hand, didn't really agree. With my emotions all over the place anyway, this was not the time to tell me I could be in the newspaper hours after delivery. Ha! Bless her heart, I know she was trying to excite me, but it kinda terrified me instead.

2 comments:

  1. Yes Britt! You have to shoot for the 1st baby of the New Year! Just have a talk with him the night before! :)

    ReplyDelete