Tuesday, August 9, 2011

scramble Pie

One thing I love about my family is our family meals. This is something that I hope to carry on for Collin and Collin’s kids (Yikes! That is, when he is 75 years old and moves out of our house to start his own family!). Many times a year we prepare a special meal. From an outside perspective, it probably doesn’t seem all that appetizing. In fact, Eric isn’t too fond of it. People are raised differently- I get that, but in my opinion, it doesn’t get much better than this…





Amazing. If you can’t see what all is there, I’ll name it all off.

Corn

Cornbread (Jiffy and homemade)

Purple hull peas

Lima beans

Butter beans

Fried okra

Squash

Cantelope

And in the back, next to Eric… homemade banana pudding. (or scramble pie)

Yep, that’s right. No meat. All fresh (from the garden) produce. Picked, canned, frozen, or just straight from the garden.

Scramble Pie: I bet you are wondering about "scramble pie". I honestly have no idea. I really need to ask my mom this story. When I was little somehow I began calling banana pudding, scramble pie! Who knows where that came from!? I also called "Fruit Loops", "Flip Floops". I was a crazy kiddo!
To this day, everyone in my family calls banana pudding, Scramble Pie! I love it! I have to be careful if I ever order it at a resturant. Dixie Cafe has great Scramble Pie Banana Pudding. You should get some next time you are there!

No comments:

Post a Comment