Saturday, March 5, 2011

Happy Anniversary to us!!

One year ago today I married my best friend.

My Eric,

The last 52 weeks have been filled with so much! I’m so glad you have been by my side through it all. Leave it to us to tackle our biggest challenge and excitement in the first year of marriage… our little Collin! I know we didn’t plan to have a child right away, but I wouldn’t change it for anything. I thank God every single day for you, our commitment to each other, and for the love I feel from you daily. You have been a trooper over the last year as well. Here are a little fun statistics I came up with, just for you!

Of our 52 Weeks of Marriage, I was pregnant for 36 weeks of those!
     - I am so sorry for every single time my hormones went crazy and I snapped at you. I was an absolute jerk sometimes. You never once lost your patience with me. You were so understanding with me. You know when I needed a little space. Thank you for understanding my weird cravings and going to get me peanut butter in the middle of the night because we were out.

12 weeks of those 52 we have had our precious baby boy!
     - I have seen a whole new side of you over the past 12 weeks, as you have become the best daddy ever! I love watching you with our son. I can not wait for the years to come as I get to see you experience new things with him. He is so lucky to have you! Being up in the middle of the night with me when we first brought Collin home, we learned a lot about each other. Looking back at those times we thought were so stressful, now are some of the sweetest memories I have with you.

That leaves 4 whole weeks of our marriage that it was just ‘me and you’. Fun stuff.



     *I wrote this back in November because I was so thankful for you and always want to remember these little things about you that make me smile.

I am thankful for you because…
I love you because…

1. You calm me down when I am stressed out.
2. You will go buy me peanut butter late at night just because I want a pb&j sandwich.
3. You take my car to get the oil changed.
4. I catch you watching our wedding video.
5. You go out the front door in the mornings so it doesn’t wake me up.
6. You give up things you would rather be doing to make me happy.
7. You protect me. (you have a willingness to get back up out of bed just to make sure the doors are locked.)
8. You love Kyndall.
9. You are who you are. You don’t apologize for that.
10. You have a sensitive side.
11. Collin is going to have the best dad ever! You get on the floor to play!
12. When you could get really mad at me for not keeping my Jeep clean, you just laugh at me.
13. You accept me for who I am.
14. You don’t get mad when a room in the house is REALLY dirty.
15. You do laundry all on your own (and even wash some of my stuff!)
16. You work really hard (even extra jobs) just to provide for your family.
17. You always say ‘hi’ to Jason and Bobby at church (even if you have to wait)
18. You make it known you are thankful when I cook dinner.
19. You have to wear socks or shoes in the house (never barefoot).
20. You get me something to drink at the gas station when you go get your newspaper.
21. Sometimes the smallest things excite you (especially in sports)
22. You are so passionate about sports- even though I don’t understand it sometimes!
23. You like my interest in sports and don’t think it’s weird because I am a girl.
24. You are a picky eater. I thought I was picky until I met you!
25. You let me clip your fingernails and toenails.
26. You are constantly trying to give YOURSELF a “3-count”.
27. There is NEVER a dull moment with you. I am always laughing.
28. You aren’t ashamed of your dance moves in the car.
29. You take out the trash and check the mail without being asked to.
30. You have never once put our relationship before your relationship with God. This makes our relationship SO MUCH STRONGER.

P.S. - I think you have finally realized I’m really not a morning person. This took you a while- but I’m so glad you now believe that some people just aren’t as happy as you are first thing in the morning! Ha! I LOVE YOU SO VERY MUCH! I look forward to many more years together.





No comments:

Post a Comment