Monday, March 21, 2011

THE Day

Friday was the day. The day that I dreaded more than any other day in my whole life. Back to work after having my little cutie. Gosh, it was a sad day. I woke up extra early Friday morning just to have some extra time with Collin. He was appreciative. Okay, so maybe he just slept, but he slept for a while next to momma, so I’d like to think he was appreciative.

We left the house 7 minutes later than I was supposed to. I had it all planned out down to the minute, and failed. I still made it to work on time, so I guess those 7 minutes didn’t hurt.

We got out to the sitters house. Collin fell asleep on the way. He was snoring when we got there. So sweet. I got him inside, and all of his 4 huge bags full of every single possible thing he could need. He was only there for 7 hours, I had enough stuff for him to stay 7 days.

I said my goodbyes and handed him over. I am blessed to have found such a wonderful lady to keep our sweet boy. She is amazing. I made it all the way down her driveway before I lost it. I called Eric, because that’s what I do when I’m upset. I talk to my husband or my mom. Eric answered the phone, didn’t even say “hello”. He said “Are you okay?” Then I REALLY lost it. After talking to my husband for a little bit, I called my mom. She talked to me the whole way to work. She talked, I cried. Not the cute cry either, that ugly cry. I cried the entire way.

I finally got to work and went inside, red faced and all. After I had been there for a little bit, I went and checked my phone to see if I had a message about Collin. I didn’t have a message, I didn’t have ANY messages. My phone wouldn’t work!!! Apparently, I had cried too much because it wouldn’t do anything! It had gotten wet, and there was no saving it. I tried EVERYTHING.

Then the panic set in. I had no way to check on Collin. Tina had no way to get in touch with me if something was wrong. I didn’t even know her phone number! It was in my phone- that I couldn’t even turn on! STRESSED! Finally I realized that I could get on the work computer and send her a message on Facebook. Yes, I used the work computer to get on Facebook. It was an emergency! HA!

Because it was the Friday before Spring Break, my kids had early dismissal. The day went by really quickly. Praise the Lord. My last kid left at 2:00, and I couldn’t get out of there quick enough. I went to Verizon to get a new phone. Thanks tears, you cost me a lot of money!

I went and picked up my little guy. He was fine. Just like I knew he would be. I made it through one day. One day at a time. I can do this… maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment