Monday, February 21, 2011

Productive Weekend with a SMILE!

Last week I was so lazy! It was just way more fun to sit and hang out with Collin than to do anything that needed to be done around the house. This was great at the time, but also made for a ‘to-do’ list that was growing out of control! So… I started Saturday morning and didn’t stop until Sunday night.

This is what was on, but by no means limited to, my list for the weekend…

* Kroger (we were in desperate need of groceries)
* clean the kitchen (unload the dishwasher, wipe down the counters, etc.)
* vacuum
* laundry
* hang shelves in Collin’s room
* dust the living room
* bake a cake for our wonderful neighbors
* work in our front flower bed
* sweep back porch (grill area)
* finish thank you notes for baby gifts
* start cleaning the garage
~ obviously, I had high hopes for this weekend. HA!

Collin woke up early Saturday morning (6:00) so instead of laying back down like we do most Saturday mornings we decided it would be a great morning to go get breakfast! We loaded up the car and we were off to Shipley’s! I can’t even remember the last time I had a Shipley’s donut. It was SO good. Started my crazy busy weekend off with a little treat!

We got back home and I started on some laundry. While that was going I started on baking a cake for our neighbors.


     We have the best neighbors! Before I met Eric, the husband mowed my yard one time! I had no clue who mowed it for months. They always stop and say hello or at least a wave if we are driving by. They also brought us a baby gift over when we had Collin! It’s so easy to live next door to people and never speak, or get to know them. It’s important to us that we get to know our neighbors. So, I baked a cake and wrote a ‘thank you’ card. We went over as a family to take the cake and tell them how wonderful they have been over the last year, and even longer for me! Hopefully, this will be the beginning of a great friendship!

When the cake was finished I went to Kroger to get us some groceries. It took me a while because we needed so much! I got back home as quickly as I could and started on my next task. (and I missed my little man)
I put Collin down for his afternoon nap and I went outside to work in the flower bed. I wanted to take advantage of the amazing weather!! I was able to get the entire front bed done before he woke up! Yay! It was in desperate need of some attention. Being pregnant and not feeling good for the entire pregnancy took a toll on my yard! Eric does a great job keeping it mowed and stuff, but it really needed some help in the flower bed department!! Weeds were everywhere! Everything was overgrown.

I sat down and worked on thank you notes after switching the laundry. Of course, as soon as I sat down and got ONE written, Collin woke up! Oh well. Eric played with him for a little bit while I cleaned up the kitchen. I swept and everything! I love a clean kitchen!!! Now if I can just keep it that way.

I did attempt to hang the shelves I got for Collin’s room, but I didn’t have a drill. I’m going to have to borrow my dad’s. I hate starting a project and not being able to finish it. Eric offered to vacuum for me!! I think he could tell I was getting overwhelmed.

Eric’s dad, step mom, and sister came Sunday for lunch. Eric and his dad cooked chicken and steak out on the grill. It was so wonderful to see them. I really enjoyed their visit.
Tammy with Collin
  
 Tori with Collin

Sunday afternoon I started getting a headache. I took some Tylenol and it seemed to help a little. Then Sunday night, it started REALLY hurting. I laid Collin down around 8:00 and I wasn’t far behind him. Thankfully, my little buddy slept 8.5 hours last night, woke up to eat, and went back to sleep for another 4! I was so glad because I woke up this morning to my head still hurting! I’ve had several headaches lately I don’t know what the problem is. Hopefully, that will end soon!

I didn’t get everything finished on my list… but it is a THREE day weekend! So, hopefully I’ll get finished today. That is, if I can pull myself away from the “cake” marathon on TLC.

It was a crazy busy weekend, actually it is still is. I am very thankful for President’s Day! I get an extra day to get caught up and spend time with my husband!

OH… Collin is smiling!!!! Such a great little bonus for the weekend! A couple of days ago he started opening his mouth as wide as he could in a circle shape. Now, after he does that, the sides come out into the cutest little smile!!! I haven’t been able to get a picture yet, but I’m working on that!

No comments:

Post a Comment