After spending the first week in the hospital, I was very ready to get home and get into some sort of routine. However, I have quickly realized that with a newborn baby and being in the middle of the holiday season, a routine is pretty much out of the question! I wouldn’t change anything though!
I could not have made it without the help of my wonderful mother! She took time off of work to help us get situated. I was SO unprepared for Collin to be here. We didn’t even have the base to the carseat in the car to bring him home yet!! So, while we were in the hospital trying to get better- she spent many, many hours at our house getting things ready for us. Including, finishing painting the nursery! Wow. She is amazing.
I love you momma!
This is what we came home to...
Blue ribbon on the mailbox, and the wreath from the door of the hospital hanging on the porch behind it.
This was it hanging at the hospital.
She put together the cradle for Collin. This is what we put in our bedroom for him to sleep in until we move him to his crib. This was the cradle that both my sister and I slept in when we were little.
All the cards placed above the fire place. His cute little foot prints!
PLUS: she cleaned our entire house. I mean my house was spotless!! AMAZING!
I would love to devote an entire post to our wonderful New Years Eve celebration but I didn’t take any pictures because… Eric fell asleep on the couch around 9, Collin went to sleep around 10:30, and I fell asleep attempting to watch tv in the bedroom around 10:45! Oh well, there’s always next year. Being parents is exhausting! This is a picture of Eric during one of the feedings after midnight. Better than nothing!



No comments:
Post a Comment