Saturday, November 13, 2010

Third Trimester Already!?

I forgot to add this picture to the last post- I was 27 weeks here.


I know everyone says “the second trimester is the best!” Well, I am very much looking forward to the THIRD trimester. The second hasn’t been too kind to me. I honestly felt just as bad the second as I did the first. (I could complain a whole lot here- but I won’t.) Something positive: The good thing is that I feel like the last few weeks have just flown by! I am now in the third trimester, and honestly haven’t felt better the entire pregnancy than I do now! Yay!



We had another doctor’s appointment on October 14th. I was VERY ready to see my little man. I felt like it had been so long since we had seen him. The last couple of times we went to the doctor, all we were able to do is hear his heartbeat. I am thankful for those times, but there is just something about seeing him move around. I love it. Our appointment was really long this time. We got our ultrasound, but I also had to take the glucose test. I was very nervous going into this test. I was afraid it would taste horrible, and I wouldn’t be able to drink it. To my surprise, when I drank the orange flavored drink it wasn’t bad at all! It actually was kinda good, and tasted just like orange soda. I was excited! After I drank it, we had to wait an entire hour then I had to have some blood drawn. Eric was such a trooper. Sometimes he’s not the most patient guy, but he did great! While we were waiting for the hour to go by, we went to the hospital to pre-register. Everything went fine, filled out a bunch of paper work and got a little “pep-talk” from the registration lady. The funniest part of the whole day was during this “pep-talk”. The lady that talked to us told us how to get into the building if it was after hours when I went into labor.



Everything she told us was very useful to know… except one thing. Right before we were about to leave she told us that if I were to get hit in the stomach with a baseball bat it wouldn’t hurt the baby. Um… what?!? Craziest thing ever. At the time, I was really shocked and concerned that she was the one giving the “pep-talk” to all these first time parents, but now looking back- it’s funny to me. I think she was just trying to make the nervousness go away that comes with being a first time parent. Even though she told me that the baby would be fine, and I shouldn’t worry- I’m pretty sure I would still FREAK OUT if I did somehow get hit in the stomach with a baseball bat! Wow.

1 comment:

  1. Britt! I JUST realized you have a blog too! So sorry I'm a bit "special". I am reading lots to catch up! I love hearing about your pregnancy...you guys are going to have such a beautiful little boy! So excited for you! Keep writing- i LOVE your blog!

    ReplyDelete