Sunday, May 15, 2011

Five Months (5/7/11)

How is it possible that I have a…

FIVE MONTH OLD?! Holy Moly.




According to our scale at home, you way 14.4 lbs. You aren’t still enough for Mommy to get a measurement of your length. We will just have to wait for next month when we have your checkup.

Collin, you smile all day long! You could not be more precious.

You wear mostly 0-3 month clothes still, but are starting to fit into 3-6 months too.

You are wearing size 2 diapers.

You love to play on your mat. Mommy loves it that you play with all of your toys so well. They keep you busy for quite a while!

You are rolling around like crazy BOTH ways! We are so proud of you! Many times when you go to sleep on your side, you roll to your stomach. You sleep better on your stomach than any other way.

Speaking of sleep, we have kinda gone backwards in your sleeping pattern. You were doing so well. What happened??? You lay down every night between 7:30-8. You usually sleep until midnight with no problems. After that, however, you want to see Mommy every 3 hours. Ugh. Collin Bear, Mommy needs sleep!

You love sitting in your Bumbo seat and looking around. You also still like your bouncy seat!

I think you are getting a tooth very soon. You are a drooling fool!

He has had his eye on those blocks for a while.
I'm waiting for the day when he reaches and pushes them all down!

You love music. Your favorite song right now is “You are my sunshine”. Mommy sings it to you every morning.

Oh, bath time. You love love love it. It is such an adventure. You love to kick and splash.

You do very well with naps during the day. A short morning nap around 9, a short nap around 12, and a longer nap in the afternoons.

No solid foods yet. We are very close though. So get ready…

You are still strictly on breast milk. Mommy still pumps at work, and nurses you at night and in the mornings.

You are very indifferent about your paci. You LOVE your fists. You have started loving to suck on just two of your fingers.

Notice that hickey on his arm?! Yes, he sucked on his arm so much that he gave himself a hickey.
We had a talk about those!! I told him that hickeys are gross, and illegal in our house! Haha!

You are such a squealing, talking, coo-ing, professional. It is so cute. You ‘talk’ to Mommy the whole way to the sitters house in the mornings.

Collin, you love to cuddle. I hope that never changes. I could cuddle with you all day long every day. The weekends are so special to Mommy. I feel like I get to spend so much quality time with you. You are the best thing that has ever happened to us. We love you baby bear.

Mommy and Daddy.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.9

No comments:

Post a Comment