Let me back up just a little... The Monday after we returned from our wonderful honeymoon, I started work at a brand new job! I now work for Community Service Inc. in Conway. We are a mental health facility for youth. I got a job as a Behavioral Specialist. Basically, I help youth (ages 14-18) who have been expelled from public school. All of them have felonies, and are on probation. We help them to get their GED's and also help them behaviorally. The afternoons are dedicated to groups on anger management, social skill, empathy, and character education. I am finally able to use my degree I worked so hard for in Psychology. My job is very rewarding- but also VERY challenging. I love it. I love the kids, and I love helping them to become productive members of society.
Okay, so we come back from our honeymoon, and I was off to work at a new job! Needless to say, I had lots of new things in my life! (a husband, living with a boy, new job, LOTS!)
A couple of months after we got married, I started not feeling really well one day at work. I ignored it at first, and kept pushing through (I also didn't have any sick time yet). A couple of days later, I decided I would call my doctor and see if I could get in on my lunch break. I explained my symptoms to the nurse, and the first thing she asked me was "are you pregnant?" um... NO! No way! I can't be pregnant. I started thinking and realized I should have started the week before. The nice nurse then told me to go buy a home pregnancy test and to call her back. UGH! I didn't want to go buy one! I was scared out of my mind.
So, off I went to Target. So many questions were running through my mind! "What kind do I buy? Should I get more than one? Should I call my husband?" I was freaking out! (that's probably an understatement) I ended up buying one that had three tests in the box. Sounded good to me. Plus, I think I had seen a commercial about this particular test.
I got back to work and decided I couldn't wait till that night to take the test. So, yes... I am one of "those girls" who took a
He was still at work, and I was a nervous wreck. I had no clue what he was going to say! We hadn't exactly planned this- in fact we had taken the precautions the doctor had told us would be effective. Apparently, I am in that 2% of the population that birth control doesn't work on.
I pulled up to the McGee Center and walked in to tell my husband he was going to be a daddy just TWO months after we got married. Ha! I'm getting nervous again just typing this out! Okay, so I ask him if we can go talk somewhere. We end up walking around for a while, and then finally going outside. We sit down and this is how the conversation went...
Me: "You know how I haven't been feeling real well lately?"
Eric: "Yeah, are you okay?"
Me: "Well, I called the doctor today and she told me to take a pregnancy test. I went to Target and got a test. I already took it while I was at work... and... well... it says I'm pregnant."
And that is when Eric laid down. Right there, on his back, just laid down.
Me: "I have the test in my pocket if you would like to see." He nodded.
after a few seconds that seemed like an hour, Eric finally responded.
Eric: "Well, I guess we are having a baby!"
And from that very moment on, Eric has been so excited!!! I needed a little more time to get to that excitement level, but Eric was excited from that day on. I am very lucky to have such a wonderful guy.


No comments:
Post a Comment