For so long, I looked around at people in my life and saw how happy they were with their spouse or significant other and became envious of those relationships. If one more person said to me, “someone will come along when you least expect it” I was ready to SCREAM! I was starting to give up on finding that special “guy for me”. I focused my quiet times on being content with myself. It didn’t happen over night, but after a while, God really started to change my heart. I was content in being whoever God wanted me to be (single or married). God was showing me other opportunities that I could get involved in. He showed me that life isn’t all about “finding that special someone”. My life had been so caught up in that concept that my relationship with God was suffering. Boy was He quick to change my outlook! I started becoming VERY involved in my church’s youth group. I have formed friendships with some very special girls that will last a lifetime!
I wouldn’t change that for anything. For the first time in my life, I was happy with how things were going.
Well, “someone came along when I least expected it!” GRR! I hate that saying! Some friends began to ask me about meeting this guy. I absolutely hate blind dates, I hate being set-up, it just never works out for me! I was very hesitant. However, my friends were very persistent. So, I told them that I would meet him…
Our first date was for sure nothing you would ever see in the movies. It was a Thursday (July 16th to be exact), the plan was for us to go out to eat, and possibly go see a movie. Well, I woke up late for work that morning, and things didn’t get better after that! I had the WORST day at work. It was raining and SO hot outside. For those of you with curly hair (that you try to make straight) you know what rain and humidity do to your hair! Ugh. I was in NO MOOD to go on a first date with this guy. After work, I called him and explained how bad of a day I had, and asked if we could reschedule. He was so wonderful about it! He told me that he completely understood, and rescheduling was fine with him! I got home, put on some comfy clothes, and curled up on the couch to watch TV. Not long after that, my phone rang, it was Eric. He just wanted to check on me to make sure I was feeling better since I got home. How sweet! After we talked a few minutes, he “casually” mentioned that at some point I was going to have to eat something. After talking for a while the plan was set. I would go to his apartment and we would go get something to eat. I did mention to him that I was in comfy pants and a t-shirt and not to expect anything great! Ha! (I put on some jeans and re-did my make-up before I left!) I got to his apartment, we went to Zaxby’s to get dinner, and then went back to his apartment to eat. By this time, I had totally forgotten about how horrible my day had been, and couldn’t get over how wonderful this guy was. I was skeptical though, anyone can put up a front for a first impression! After we ate we watched a movie, and then I went home. It was a very simple, and spontaneous. It was exactly what I needed. Thank you Eric, for being so great that day!
Modern CrockPot Slow Cooking
1 year ago



Love it!! I'm honored that Derek and I are the "friends" who kept pushing you and Eric to go on a date. =) God definitely knew what he was doing!
ReplyDelete